Welcome to my Dianic University, an online home for witches, boomer women, maidens, crones, mothers, and Goddess women!
You will find a very special group of women here: women who, like you, want to explore their relationship with the Goddess in a deeper, more meaningful way. If you are a newcomer, be sure to visit Z's Cauldron forum section of the school and post an introduction so that I can welcome you properly.
I have designed several classes of study to help you grow and develop your own knowledge of the Goddess.
New students begin their study in the Holy Book, a course that works directly with the Holy Book of Women's Mysteries. This is the introductory course to the Dianic University which focuses on leadership and priestess training.
The Wheel of the Year is a journey around the Sun on our beautiful blue and green planet. You will learn about trees, stones, animals, herbs, lore, and Goddesses who speak to the seasons. 12 Homework Assignments, 12 Quizzes, and 3 Destiny Entries are required to receive your Wheel of the Year Certificate and advance to the next level. Wheel of the Year - Cycle of Life is a more in-depth study of the cycles of the year which focuses on the Grandmother of Time, but also suppliments with other materials. Go deeper into the life experience, exploring your inner-self within each season's turning of the wheel.
Students who have completed the Wheel of the Year may enroll in our Lunar Mysteries program. Thirteen moons make up this course with magic, spellwork, lunar lore, blood mysteries, birthing rites, mother goddesses, warrior maidens, and darkmoon crones. 13 Homework Assignments, 13 Quizzes, and 3 Destiny Entries are required to receive your Lunar Mysteries Certificate and advance to individualized Teacher's Assistant Training.
Our DU also has plenty of opportunities for extended learning as well. Visit the Destiny and Astrological Groups forums to create and share rituals, artistic works and recipes with your Sisters in Goddess (SIGs).
Last, but certainly not least, there is always time for socializing and fun here in the DU. I know you are working women, moms, daughters, friends, lovers. I know life can be busy and hectic. I understand that sometimes it just feels good to talk, be silly or whimsical, let your hair down. Visit our Dianic Wicca University Forum and chit chat with one another, share photos, jokes, stories, and more. Our worldwide web of women grows by the day, and you are always making herstory by being wild, wonderful, witchy women participating in the radical act of loving the Goddess!
If you have any technical questions about the DU, please contact me and I will have someone help you. You may also find the Z's Guides at the top of each section helpful. If you are curious about the older material from the DU, visit our Archives. If you have any questions about your studies, or need life advice, or want to ask me something, feel free to post in Z's Cauldron forum and I will be happy to work with you.
If I was coming into the DU, this is how I would do it:
- I would click on the month we are in. Read the Goddess monolog aloud. Let it sink in. Feel the deity.
- Then I would study the information, about the natural life. Get out my Culpepper's Herbal book, and look up the trees and herbs. Then, do a search for the lore of these natural beings.
- Then I'd walk outside and see what do I have in my space? What kind of trees grow where I live?
- Spend time with the living trees. Allow time to slow down and listen to what the tree is communicating. It could be feelings, it could be words, birds may come by and sing to you. Wildlife may check you out.
- Write about my jiggy time with the tree, repeat the visit every chance I get until that local tree is a trusted friend.
- Check into quizes. Play with the questions and give them your all.
- Write up answers to assignments. You can also post them to share with other in the individual classroom's forum if you'd like.
- Talk about your Goddess work with others in the DU Forum.
- Read what others have written and respond in kind. Give them strokes or ask questions. It makes good karma to develop study friends.
- Read a few pages from the Library, or get a book and study a little more about stones and birds.